Monday, January 26, 2015

Great new tech tool for your graphics!

OK - I’m no graphics or media maven, but I like a good image as much as the next gal (or guy!) I have a decent website, but I have to admit most of it was done with templates from GoDaddy’s Website Builder - in the interest of time and all of course, *cough*.  

However, I have spent oodles of time configuring graphics, images, banners and profile pics for all of my social media outlets and some of my (former) website pages.  Well, no more my friends!

If you’re looking for a quick solution to creating that perfect-sized facebook, twitter, instagram, etc header - or simply some banners for your blog - look no further than Canva.com!

I should disclose that I’m not getting paid by them to write this, I’m just an overnight fan!  Some of us blog for pleasure or business, most of us have a facebook or twitter account (or any array of social media accounts) - so why not include images that are unique, fast AND easy?

It’s free to sign up, and loads of its components are free - I haven’t spent a cent yet.  Best of all, if you tell Canva what type of item you’re creating (like a standard facebook, or other “set” image size), it will automatically set up a canvas for you to create on that is the perfect size for that website.

And PLEASE don’t let the idea of something new scare you.  Not only is it intuitive and simple to use, but there’s a whole free Design School included that will more than get you started!

Some of you may remember the name Guy Kawasaki back in the ‘90s.  He was the chief “buy Apple - it’s great” guru back then. And even if you’re not a fan of Apple, you have to admire their marketing skills! At any rate, Guy is now with Canva.com - and that’s not a bad endorsement if you ask me.

So, try it!  Just head over to Canva.com - and get started.  And let me know if you have any questions or need help - I will do my best to assist.

Okay - I’m excited.  Off to create some stuff for future posts.  But first, coffee.

Cate.


(p.s. did I mention that if you’re feeling generous, you can share your designs via their site? ok - I’m done!)


2 comments:

  1. Oooh. Haven't heard of this site before. I'll have to check it out. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cate,

    I want to let you know that your blog post is listed in today's Fab Finds post at http://janasgenealogyandfamilyhistory.blogspot.com/2015/01/follow-friday-fab-finds-for-january-30.html

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete